E-mail dated 10/10/11

Kia Ora Everyone!

Today is Monday the 10th where I am. I'm a little surprised I didn't have any new mail but that's ok. I've been hard at work this last week since I've gotten here to New Zealand. The first day was pretty cool. I first had to experience an Air New Zealand Flight. It was awesome. There was plenty of leg room and the food was really good. I slept for a majority of the 11 hour flight and the rest of the flight I was eating. After that we went through customs and went and met the AP's and President and Sister Lekias (pronounced Leaky S). We then went to the mission office and got all of our forms and orientation taken care of. During the orientation we had to go out and do what we call Preach By the Way. This just means going and talking to everyone on the street. We're supposed to Preach By the Way in everything we do. Our Missions goal is for each companionship to talk to 150 people at least each week. This is surprisingly easy. We also have a goal of saving 204 souls for this month. This just means baptizing. We have been so busy everyday, it's kind of nice to have a little bit of a break even though its not really a break. We have found a few people to teach. We found this guy named R who is awesome. We found him by Preaching By the Way. He said he was looking for direction in his life and then we talked to him. We got to go teach him and his wife and his 15 month old baby. They are awesome. We found out that he used to be in the top 3 real estate people in New Zealand and that his life kind of crashed and he is a former drug addict and dealer and he is looking to be forgiven, which is where baptism comes in, and they are so keen to read the Book of Mormon. They are totally going to be baptized! We also found this guy named T who lives with his parents. We don't know much about him because we didn't have too long to talk to him. But everything is going well. I found out that I will be in this area most likely for 6 months because I will be trained for my first 12 weeks and then I train someone for 12 weeks. I'm way excited because we are in a choice area. Our goal for November is to save 8 souls at least. Oh and I remembered that I don't have any sweatshirts here either and everything here is really expensive. So could you also send a USB to me and I'll send it back to you with pictures and then we can just do it that way. Oh and Mom, Sister Lekias said that there isn't a blog right now because that takes a lot of time and she hasn't had time but s is thinking she is going to make one so she will email you when she does make one. Also, if you do send a package with a sweatshirt and a usb could you also send a few good cereals because there is only corn flakes here. Other than all that, I love it here. It's awesome. We've gone over to a few member's houses for dinners and I've gotten to experience some interesting food. They have this pasta stuff they call Chop Sui? and its pretty good, but it doesn't look that good. Also they have this one thing that is like a potato that called Taro. It tastes a bit like a potatoe too. And if you haven't noticed I'm picking up the lingo pretty well. Kia Ora means Hello and Thank you. Bench is counter. Honest is like saying Seriously? Ofa Atu means Love you.

Ofa Atu,

Elder Lee



Kia Ora,

I forgot to tell you all that I'm in an area called Henderson in the West Harbour ward. My companion's name is Elder Whaanga (all "wh"s here are pronounced as "f" except for like what and stuff like that but for names and stuff its pronounced as an f). My companion is awesome. He is so good at Preaching By the Way, and teaching lessons. I'm going to enjoy this next 3 months with him.

(Mom was bad and forgot they were 17 hours ahead of us so was sending him an email at the same time he sent his to me, so this is reply to my late email)

Kia Ora,

I got it! Everything is great so far. I haven't actually been to my ward yet because we watched General Conference this last weekend. So yes I've seen it twice. And my trainer is so good. I just sent you and email about that actually. And yes being a missionary is awesome. I don't have to worry about anything. I love it over here. Although New Zealand has it's beautiful side it also has another side that you wouldn't expect. It's got great people who are very friendly and open to listening even if they are not interested but all the buildings look very run down at times. I love it all though

Ofa Atu,

Elder Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment