E-Mail Dated 6/18/12

Kia Ora, Happy Father's Day! (I think). Father's Day here isn't until September so I am just making a guess based on your emails. So as you all guessed transfers was this last week. Fortunately, I was not shifted. I'm still in the beautiful land of Tamaki, South Auckland. My companion, Elder Sorensen, however, was shifted to the next stake over (Manurewa). My new companion is named Elder Singh. He is from Fiji, close to the capital Suba. He is Indian, and he is hilarious. He is like an Indian, member version of Sean. I love him already. Oh and he's my junior companion. So I am now a senior companion! This week has been a great learning experience. Taking the lead in this area has been a very daunting task with a lot of worry, but we pulled through and even had a successful week. We were working hard to build people's testimony's in the Book of Mormon by reading with them and showing how it works with the Bible. It was really amazing to see how the people would really open up and seek to read more to know if it's true. We had this awesome lesson with a Filipino man named P who is Catholic but is looking for the truth in his heart. At the end of the lesson he said that he would pray about it when he had some time to ponder on it and wait for the right time. I learned from Elder Singh a great way to address the concern of not praying right then. He explained that there will never be a perfect time to ask and when we procrastinate our prayers then it shows Heavenly Father that we don't really want to know the answer. Also, our set, S P (he's related to our Bishop) came to church yesterday so now that he's been for a total of 3 times he can be baptised this weekend. We are so excited for him. He also came with us to the Come & See Fireside in Mangere. It was a massive one. So many people were there. We were standing about halfway in the gym because there was no room in any of the classrooms or hallways or on the stage or anywhere. The reason why it was so full was because the main speaker was Jonah Lomu. He is a famous as rugby player! He is a recent convert. He got baptised in March. It's so crazy! I can't imagine being the missionaries that taught and baptised him. It was an awesome fireside and it was a great week! I love you all and thank you Gram for the emails. Ofa Atu, Elder Lee Mum- I think I would like the money in my account better that way you don't have to send anything. I don't even know what I would want for my Birthday. And yes it is weird having my birthday in the winter. Also, could you ask Katelyn if she got my letter, I just don't want her thinking I didn't write. I think I'll probably write her again today. Thanks Mum. Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment