Email dated 9/28/11

Hey everyone,

This week has been great. First I want to say that last week we had a devotional that I forgot to tell you all about. Russell M. Nelson came and spoke to us. It was so cool. Yesterday's devotional we heard from Ron Clark from the First Quorum of the Seventy. I love it here. My companion are still getting along great. We have been doing a lot of teaching. This includes teaching the "investigators" that we have and the new districts that come in every week. Our investigators are more often then not members who are acting. As the Zone Leaders though my companion, Elder Rawlinson, and I have been teaching new districts as they came in and getting to know the districts that we have. Each zone has 3 districts and each district has about 10-12 people. Each week we have to sign the district that is leaving our and the next day we have to teach the new district about the MTC. It was a little weird this last week because we didn't know that much because we had only been here for a week. It's great getting to know all of them. We have so many responsibilities. It's good work though. It's definitely preparing me. Oh and little interesting fact. Since I've been here at the MTC, I've gained 10 lbs. I'm now about 150 lbs. I'm so happy. It's crazy to think that I'll be in New Zealand in a week from today. Time flies here. It doesn't feel like I've been here for 2 weeks already, but I'm so glad that I don't have to be here for 8 or 12 weeks. I would go crazy. We leave for New Zealand on Monday and we have a lay over in LAX for 5 hrs. We don't even get to New Zealand until Wednesday. It's a bit sad because I'm going to miss everyone I've met. My district is awesome. We are all going to Australia and New Zealand. 3 of us are going to Auckland, New Zealand and 4 are going to Melbourne, Australia and 5 are going to Perth, Australia. We are all best friends now. Mom: My companion doesn't have a blog that he knows about. Also, I can't really tell anyone about the blog because I don't know any emails besides these 3 so if you could go onto my facebook and just put it up there that would be great. And yes I did forget a few things like my flip flops, my scarf, and my jacket. If you could send those to me that would be great. I'm not sure when you want to send them though because I leave on Monday and the price to send packages to New Zealand will be really high, but if you send it here you would need to do like next day shipping. Also, just to let you know, since I've been here I've gotten a pocket hymn book and a journal and something else that I can't remember right now. Everyone: I love you all. Thank you for writing.

Love,
Elder Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment