E-Mail 1/2/12

Kia Ora Everyone,

Ketepeha koe? I'm doing great! I got my new companion this last week on Thursday! His name is Elder Thomas. He is from Wellington and is part Samoan and part English. He served in the West Indies for part of his mission but it was getting to dangerous there for missionaries and so he got sent here. He speaks french and so I have been reading from the French Book of Mormon with him and been trying to learn it. I'm starting to understand it pretty well though. This is his last transfer which means I will have killed off two of my companions. I killed off Elder Whaanga and now Elder Thomas. Apparantly no one has ever seen someone kill off two missionaries in a row before. I guess there is a first time for everything. I wasn't in my area for half the week because my companion left and so I was in a threesome for two days. It was a lot of fun though. I got a flat for the first time in my life and I had to fix it. It wasn't actually that hard. Then Thursday came around and I got to go with another missionary for the first half of the day so that our whole district wasn't going to transfers. We just did heaps of service. Then half way through the day I met my companion. We have been working hard ever since. We tried to have a bit of fun with New Years though. My companion bought a 30pk of Coke's and a Sparkling Grape Juice. I got to open the Sparkling Grape Juice and it had a real cork. I shot it off into the neighbor's yard. We are teaching a couple name K and T. They are keen as to learn and when we taught K last he felt the Spirit so strongly when my companion shared the First Vision. It was a great week. I haven't gotten any souvenirs yet but I was thinking about getting a grooming set for shaving and cutting my hair. And Mom, I haven't been at home in like 5 months so I would have no idea where the Xbox remote would be. It sounds like things are getting a bit crazier at home. It sounds like its been fun though.

Ofa Atu,

Elder Lee


Explanation about Xbox controller- He was notorious for taking our controllers to his friends houses to play games. We are now missing one, so I asked him if he knew where it might be. It is still missing. Did he take it to your house by chance?

No comments:

Post a Comment