E-mail dated 1/15/12

Kia Ora,

So this week was an interesting week. Elder Thomas and I were getting along great and we were doing a lot of teaching and we were just about to get our car back. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, someone had to throw a wrench in it. The day we were supposed to get the car we got a call that I was being emergency shifted. I had about 45 minutes to pack. I got all my stuff packed and was shifted to Waterview Stake. This was one of the stakes that was right next to my previous stake. I am now on a bike covering 2 wards that are both really hilly. I am serving in A and T wards. At first when I got the call, I couldn't help but feel like I did something wrong but that's not true at all. It turned out that the missionary I swapped with (Elder Leetham) had broken his foot on Monday last week and needed to be near a hospital in an area that had a car. It's been a great area though. My new companion, Elder Mariteragi, and I have been working really hard. We had an interesting day the other day. We taught two people who wanted to bash with us and convince us that we were wrong. The first man was a pastor for another church and he said that he knows the Bible is true strictly by the scientific evidence not by God answering his prayers because he believes the Devil can immitate those feelings. The next lesson that day was with a really old lady who was "concerned" for us. She didn't think we believed in Jesus Christ and I replied with my testimony of Jesus Christ being my Savior and Redeemer. She also tried to show us that there have been 3,000 changes to the Book of Mormon and she tried to show us a few changes that she considered big changes, but it was only changing like Mary was the mother of God to Mary was the mother of the Son of God, and this lady had like 40 different versions of the Bible. She started to irritate me and so I chose the wrong and treated it like a game. I replied, "Oh ok well the Book of Mormon may have 3,000 changes but how many changes does the Bible have?" She just stared at the table and mumbled to herself. Then she tried to say something about the founder of our church. She tried to get me to say that Joseph Smith was the founder of our church. She said, "Oh and the founder of your church, what's his name, he did something." I replied, "Do you mean God or Jesus Christ?" Overall, it has been a great week. Elder Mariteragi and I have a baptism coming up this next week and one the week after that. It's pretty exciting. The girl that is getting baptized this week is named T and she is 10 years old. She is very smart though and has heaps of questions. We are busy just trying to make sure everything is ready and taken care of before her baptism. The guy who is getting baptized the next week is named L. He is 16 years old and he is the man. Everything has been going great though, except the weather. It has been impossible to tell whether or not to wear a rain jacket or not. Everyday its rainy then sunny then rainy then sunny then rainy again then sunny again and then rainy again then sunny. It's so dumb! Oh well, I love it here.

Ofa Atu,

Elder Lee

P.S. I attached some pictures of my companions.

Elder Mariteragi

Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment