E-mail dated 3/4/12

Kia Ora,

This last week has been a great week. We have been working hard to stretch ourselves and we have been able to increase all of our stats this last week. Elder Evans and I have been so blessed this last week but the only hard thing is that after we do everything we can to get people to keep commitments they still have their agency and so we had planned to see13 people at sacrament including investigators and less actives. Unfortunately only 1 expected one showed up and 1 unexpected 1. It's pretty hard at times because you really want them to want the change for themselves but they don't always see the blessings that come from living the gospel.

This week one of the things that really helped me to stay positive is a scripture found in 2 Nephi 2:8 then verse 6. Verse 8 says, "Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known..." What things? Verse 6 tells us, "Wherefore, redemtion cometh in and through the Holy Messiah; for he is full of grace and truth." The joy that comes from sharing the gospel is so great and the desires of my heart are that every worthy man who is able and willing to serve a mission do because the blessings are far greater than not serving. I wish there was a way to express to my friends back home that there is nothing that I would rather be doing right now in my life, and I pray that each one of them goes out and experiences this happiness for themselves.

If there is ever a time that you don't feel as though you can or you don't feel as though you are important, remember YOU ARE! Scott Simons said this about the individual worth, "Remember that the greatest price ever paid for someone was paid for you!" If we can just understand this little concept then everything else just falls into place, and we will understand how much God loves each and every one of us.

Hope you are all doing well. Ofa Atu!

Elder Lee

P.S. I told my companion to send more pictures home. He wants to know how you got in contact with his parents. I told him it was through missionary moms but that was a complete guess. Oh and here are some of my pictures. 2 of them are my district because Elder Leong (the one in the front) is being emergency shifted down to Hamilton. The other two are pictures of cool scenery in the city because I'm in a threesome for today with Elder Matthews (Back right) who is a chinese missionary that serves in the city.




No comments:

Post a Comment