E-mail dated 1/29/12

Kia Ora,

This last week was really good. We've been working really hard to find new investigators for one of the wards I'm in. It's been hard but we have found a couple that seem to be very promising. We were referred a 17 year old girl named J and her cousin the other day and we went and met them. She is pretty keen to learn more and her brother seemed good as well. Unfortunately we didn't get to meet her cousin but J said that she is interested as well. We're going to go and teach them either today or tomorrow. We also had a miracle this week. Yesterday at church we had a random guy come to church who said he was invited by a friend. We had a lesson with him and it was really interesting because we asked him to say the opening prayer and he said it exactly how we say ours (by addressing Heavenly Father and closing in the name of Jesus Christ) which I thought was really interesting. He also told us that he has been off of drugs and alcohol for 2 1/2 years and had quit coffee for a little bit but went back to it. We committed him to trying again along with quitting smoking. He said that he's been to church multiple times in another stake which is amazing because that means that he could get baptized as soon as he quits smoking and drinking coffee. It all seems too good to be true. He is going to read and pray about the Book of Mormon this week and come to church again next week. Hopefully he does because we can't call him or go to his house apparently. Either this is a sick practical joke by some other missionaries or it's the miracle we've been praying for. Transfers is coming up next week. I don't think that my companion or I will be going but you never know. It would be nice to stay in the are because I'm finally used to it and know my way around a bit now. Other than all of that nothing sticks out in my mind that I should tell you. Hope everything is still going well. Oh and I figured out how to take some 3D pictures on my camera! Oh and if any one wants an All-Blacks Jersey, I'm more than happy to get them one but they're going to have to send me the money because they are expensive as! $160 minimum.


Ofa Atu,
Elder Lee


No comments:

Post a Comment